What is Prickly Pear?
The prickly pear cacti are grown across parts of Australia, the United States, the Middle East, the Mediterranean, Africa, and the Caribbean islands. People have been eating this pink, sweet fruit since the Aztec times, but only now have they discovered a new kid on the face-oil block.
Why is Prickly Pear Seed Oil expensive?
Prickly Pear Seed Oil contains antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and nutrients like Vitamin C, E and K. It is a highly moisturising, anti-inflammatory, brightening, and barrier-boosting ingredient. It softens and refreshes the skin without clogging pores thus preventing acne. On average, a single prickly pear fruit contains 150-300 seeds each, and the tiny seeds contain only 5% oil. It takes about 1 ton of this fruit to produce 1 litre of Prickly Pear Seed oil.
Benefits of Prickly Pear Seed Oil
- Rejuvenates the skin- packed with essential fatty acids (60.5% linoleic acid, 20.6% oleic acid, 13.9% palmitic acid) that nourish the skin and strengthens its skin barrier. Their moisture-retaining properties leave the skin hydrated and younger-looking without leaving an oily residue on the skin.
- Anti-aging & Anti-wrinkle- this super oil is extremely rich in vitamin E & K. Prickly Pear Seed Oil contains 150% more vitamin E than Argan Oil, no wonder it is the new star ingredient in the beauty market. Vitamin E promotes collagen production and stimulates new cell growth, softening wrinkles, restoring elasticity, and preventing premature wrinkles. The increased cell turnover restores the skin, diminishing fine lines and fading acne scars. Vitamin K aids with uneven skin tone by minimising hyperpigmentation, blemishes, dark marks, and age spots. Vitamin E & K both help lighten the skin, correcting dark under-eye circles.
- Skin Brightening & Non-Comedogenic- the nutrient-rich oil keeps the collagen in the skin nourished, which keeps the pores tight for a more flawless appearance. It deeply penetrates the skin without clogging pores and causing breakouts. Its illuminating ability gives your complexion a radiant glow.
- Anti-inflammatory- the antioxidant properties of Vitamin E assist with the healing of wounds and sunburns faster. It also repairs damage caused by UV rays and environmental pollution. The super hydrating property prevents the formation of post-acne scars.
- Suitable for All skin types- the magical ingredients in this oil make it suitable for all skin types, whether it's Oily, Combination, Sensitive or Dry. This hydrator oil soothes even the most extremely dry to mature skin, hydrating it to youthfulness. This super oil can be used for sensitive skin, without causing irritation and redness.
Not only is Prickly Pear Seed Oil an essential oil, but it is also a carrier oil. It is used to dilute more potent essential oils such as Jojoba Oil and Retinol. These potent oils contain Vitamin A that can't be used directly (undiluted) on the skin because it causes irritation. In simple words, the prickly pear seed oil is a suitable and safe carrier that delivers other nutrients that can't be directly applied to the skin.
It can be used on its own to boost overall skin health, take a drop or 2 in your palm and apply to your face. Incorporate this magical oil into your daily skincare regime and watch how your skin comes to life.